Full-Time Bus Driver
Essential Job Responsibilities
Driving and Safety
- Transport children to and from the center efficiently and safely.
- Ensure that all passengers wear seat belts or are placed in appropriate (age or weight) car seats and belted in.
- Ensure that all child restraints are properly installed in bus.
- Ensure that any behavioral issues do not compromise the safety of any child on the bus.
- Perform daily sign on & sign off sheets, accounting by name all children getting on and off the bus.
- Ability to visually assess the health and behaviors of children.
- Ensure that no child is ever left unattended while on the bus, following all procedures put in place to prevent a child being left behind.
- Coordinate the paperwork flow between homes and school sites.
- Arrive 10 minutes before route to check messages and perform pre-trip.
- Report all incidents and mechanical problems to Transportation Coordinator and/or Director.
- Each child riding the bus will have Emergency Card and Parent release form on the bus at all times.
- Inform Family Service Coordinator (FSC), teachers after each route that all children have been delivered.
- Report promptly to FSC, teachers and appropriate staff when any observed family problems.
- Develop and maintain regular, functional bus routes. Ensure that there is an updated route in the bus and at the center at all times.
- Discipline children in a consistent manner and inform FSC and teachers of disciplinary problems on the bus and coordinate efforts with other staff.
- Check with FSC, teacher and other staff concerning messages before each route.
- Ensure distribution of take home material with the coordination of FSC, teachers when distributing non-paper items.
- Conduct evacuation drill.
- Ensure that bus is attended at all times by driver, staff, or parent when children are present.
- Ensure that every attempt is made to pick up children and that an authorized person is present when children are delivered home or to child care provider.
- Ability to maintain schedules while meeting individual needs of children and families.
Data, Monitoring, Recording and Tracking
- Completing daily pre and post trip checklists.
- Record mileage and gas.
- Fill out Occurrence / Incident reports.
- Completion of daily sign on & off sheets, accounting by name all children getting on and off the bus.
General Staff Responsibilities
- Fulfill role as mandated reporter as stated in Child Abuse and Neglect Mandatory Reporting Policy.
- High school educations or equivalent.
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License and driving record free of any moving violations within the last three years.
- School Bus Driver’s License desirable at time of hire, required for continued employment.
- Employment is conditional pending immediate and continued enrollment in Child Care Division – Criminal History Registry.
- Previous bus driving experience.
- Within 30 days of employment must be Pediatric CPR & First Aid certified.
- Comprehend, analyze, and make inferences and references from written material.
A competitive hourly rate and excellent employee benefits await the qualified individual.
Contact us today!
We would love to sit down and talk with you! Stop in at our conveniently located office in Madras at 213 SW 4th St. Suite 100 Madras, OR 97741 (next to Black Bear Diner) or call 541-475-7640 to schedule an interview.
How to ApplyIf this sounds like you, please apply with us today! Visit www.midoregonpersonnel.com to complete an application. After you have submitted the application, please call us to schedule an interview. Please be prepared to bring a resume to your scheduled interview. We look forward to hearing from you! To apply for this job fill out our job application.
1799 total views, 10 today