Full-Time Licensed Medical Assistant
Licensed Medical Assistant
Education: Some higher education and vocational training as a medical assistant.
Experience: 6 year’s experience preferred
Licensure/Certification: Medical Assistant certification required. Current CPR/BLS certification required. Current LRT Permit a plus but not required.
Job Knowledge: Demonstrated ability to clearly document signs and symptoms gathered from patient using the appropriate types and level of medical terminology. Continuously use interpersonal skills with a consistent and even demeanor to provide a calming influence. Use knowledge and experience in the application of medical care directed by provider and in the use of medical terminology. May be asked to mentor/teach in specific situations with the support and guidance of the Nurse Manager.
Mathematical Skills: Frequently perform basic math (add, subtract, multiply, and divide). Rarely perform advanced math (analysis, statistics, significant data or number manipulation).
Language Skills: Read, write, speak and understand English. Knowledge of Spanish is a plus but not required.
Job Scope: Recurring work situations with occasional variations from the norm. Job involves a moderate amount of complexity. Most activities are governed by established policy or procedures but some work requires determining best course of action. Decisions are made within prescribed operating guidelines and within clinic policy constraints. Operate under moderately high level of supervision. Errors would typically impact workflow and timely patient care.
Computer Literacy: Basic PC and Microsoft Windows software skills required. Must be able to open, compose and save Word and Excel documents. Must possess the ability to learn software tools for communication and scheduling.
Physical Requirements: Continuously walk; stand; talk; hear; repetitive motion of feet; handle; and feel. Frequently use keyboard; reach; repetitive motion of hands/wrists; bend; and grasp. Occasionally stoop; and kneel. Rarely sit; and climb. Occasionally exert force to up to 15 pounds to push and pull; should be able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; rarely lift up to 50 pounds.
Working Conditions: Exposure to infectious diseases. Exposure to chemicals and radiation. Heavy lifting is rare to assist patients who are not mobile. Constant standing. Extensive close work. Computer work. Must be comfortable working with agitated individuals in emotionally challenging situations. Ability to handle multiple priorities in a calm, efficient manner while maintaining safety and quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains in-depth knowledge, skills, and techniques associated with the position and uses them in accordance with pertinent laws and regulations.
- Maintains reliable and consistent attendance in addition to timeliness associated with role.
- Ensure physicians schedule stays on time and patients are seen in an efficient manner.
- Room patient; taking and recording vitals. Update patient chart with any new information.
- Triage patient needs in person or over the phone and relay signs and symptoms to RN or physician for direction.
- Coordinate patient care with a specialist and/or get diagnostic testing as ordered by the physician.
- Transmit patient prescriptions for their convenience.
- Handle phone messages from patients and/or providers.
- Provide appropriate information for continuity of patient care.
- Assist physician in performing basic procedures.
- Utilize phlebotomy skills to draw blood for lab testing and diagnostic.
- Give injections as ordered by physician.
- Follow clinic policy and protocol to properly dispose of bio hazardous waste.
- Maintain equipment in a sterile and functional condition.
- Ensure assigned areas are stocked with supplies.
- Follow clinic policy and applicable law when dispensing and/or wasting narcotics.
- Maintain valid CPR/BLS certification.
We look forward to visiting with you. Submit an application online or apply in person at Mid Oregon Personnel 213 SW 4th St. Suite 100 Madras Oregon.
How to ApplyIf this sounds like you, please apply with us today! Visit www.midoregonpersonnel.com to complete an application. After you have submitted the application, please call us to schedule an interview. Please be prepared to bring a resume to your scheduled interview. We look forward to hearing from you! To apply for this job fill out our job application.
255 total views, 3 today